East Northamptonshire Council Consultation on the Draft Local Plan
PLANNING AND COMPULSORY PURCHASE ACT 2004
Re: EAST NORTHAMPTONSHIRE LOCAL PLAN PART 2 – draft Plan consultation
We wish to inform you that the Council has recently approved a draft of the Local Plan part 2 for consultation. When adopted it will form part of the statutory development plan for East Northamptonshire, providing local policy guidance for future planning applications submitted within the District.
Preparation of the Plan has included workshops with many of the Town and Parish Councils, for which your input to date has been welcomed. There is now an opportunity to consider the Plan and provide the Council with your representations.
The Plan covers the following issues:
- District-level Area Portrait, Vision and Outcomes and spatial development strategy;
- Natural and Social Capital – natural environment, built environment cultural and tourism policies;
- Economic Prosperity – employment, retail and town centre policies;
- Housing delivery – strategic site allocations, housing mix, tenure, need, specialist housing policies;
- Town Strategies – site specific redevelopment and town re-imagination policies; and
- Monitoring and Implementation – Plan monitoring indicators.
This consultation is a non-statutory consultation. However, in accordance with the Local Plan Regulations, the consultation Plan is now subject to a six-week period of consultation, from Friday, 2 November, ending at 4.30pm on Monday, 17 December 2018. The consultation documents may be accessed through the Council's web page at www.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk/consultation. Alternatively, hard copies are available to view during normal opening hours at:
- Customer Service Centre, Cedar Drive, Thrapston, NN14 4LZ (8.45am-5pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; 9.45am-5pm Wednesday)
- Customer Service Centre, Newton Road, Rushden, NN10 0PT (9am-4.30pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; 9.45am-4:30pm Wednesday)
- Customer Service Centre, Oundle Library, Glapthorn Road, Oundle, PE8 4JA (10am – 1pm, Monday to Friday)
- Libraries at Oundle, Thrapston, Higham Ferrers, Irthlingborough and Raunds (opening times and other details are available from Northamptonshire County Council)
Representations on the draft Plan are now invited, but must be received no later than 4.30pm on Monday, 17 December 2018. To enable representations and responses to be processed efficiently, please use the online form referred to in the above web link.
A summary of all comments received will be presented to a future meeting of the Planning Policy Committee early in 2019. All comments received by the deadline will be considered, and may help inform and refine the Local Plan Part 2, as the Plan progresses towards submission to the Secretary of State later in 2019.
Representations should be made in writing, using the online form or sent to the address below:
Planning Policy Team
East Northamptonshire Council
If you have any questions regarding the Local Plan Part 2 please contact a member of the Planning Policy team (01832 742010) or email email@example.com.
Planning Policy Manager
North Bridge Public Consultation
Northamptonshire Highways has made the decision to proceed with the formal advertisement of the public notices associated with the imposition of 3 tonne structural weight limit on Oundle North Bridge, Station Road, Oundle.
In addition to the structural weight limit, the order will also include a width restriction for the full length of the bridge for vehicles wider than 2.1 metres. The proposals also include the revocation of the existing 18 tonne amenity weight limit on Mill Road, Oundle/ Barnwell Road, Barnwell.
The public notices will be advertised on the 3rd November in the Nene Valley news, which is the start of the 21 day objection period. The closing date for objections/ comments is the 26th November 2018 which need to be sent to the address stated on the Notice of Intent.
- North Bridge Public Consultation - Notice of Intention (PDF, 5 Kb)
- North Bridge Consultation - Statement (PDF, 9 Kb)
- North Bridge Consultation - 3 tonne Weight Limit and 2.1m Width Restriction (PDF, 97 Kb)
- North Bridge Consultation - 18 Tonne Revocation (PDF, 205 Kb)
- ENC North Bridge Public Consultation
NCC Road Traffic Regulations 20mph On Various Roads - Oundle plus One Way System in Market Place
- Traffic Order One Way System Oundle Market Place (PDF, 17 Kb)
- Traffic Order 20mph Limit Oundle Various Roads (PDF, 20 Kb)
- 20mph and One Way System Public Information Consultation Leaflet (PDF, 550 Kb)
- 20mph and One Way System Public Meeting (PDF, 4.6 Mb)
NCC Road Traffic Regulation Order - Waiting and Loading Restrictions and On-Street Parking Places - 14.02.2015
- Traffic Order, 20150214 (PDF, 86 Kb)