It's the farmers market this Saturday 12 September; open from 8am to 1pm with 15 stalls - Farmers Market Map
- Please use the one-way system - entrance at St Osyth's and the exit near Tesco.
- Keep 2 metres apart
- Where it's not possible to stay 2 metres apart keep a distance of 1+ metre & precautions such as wearing a mask, keep interactions brief & follow COVID-19 secure guidelines
- The public toilets... Read More »
Posted: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 14:02 by Rebecca
As part of East Northamptonshire Council's (ENC) long term strategy to combat contamination in recycling bins across the district, each household will shortly receive a sticker to place inside their recycling bin lid which reminds residents about what can and cannot be recycled.
The stickers will be included in the next issue of ENC's resident magazine, ENCircle, which is due to hit doormats throughout... Read More »
Posted: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 14:13 by Rebecca
Yesterday's Yellow Weather Warning has now been escalated to an AMBER warning for WINDS from 2pm today until 10pm this evening.
This updated warning comes with a MEDIUM likelihood of MEDIUM impacts which means that:
- Longer journey times and cancellations likely, as road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected
- Some roads and bridges likely to close
- There is a good chance that power cuts may occur,... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 15:50 by Rebecca
Storm Francis will bring some very strong winds leading to disruption to travel and power supplies along with potential damage to trees.
What to expect
- Injuries and danger to life from flying debris are possible
- Some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs, could happen
- Road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected, with longer journey times and cancellations possible
- Some roads... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 17:01 by Rebecca
Oundle School has released their planning framework for school children returning to Oundle. It can be found on the home pages of both Oundle School and Laxton Junior School websites. At the end of next week Oundle School will also distribute a leaflet round all households in Oundle which will provide a summary of their approach, focusing on their responsibility to the town of Oundle and the residents.... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 12:28 by Rebecca
MET Office issues Yellow Warning for Wind Today - Risk of Heavy Rain and More Strong Winds Next Week
With further gusts to speeds of around 50mph, the Yellow Warning for Wind remains in place for all parts of the East Midlands until 1800 today. This warning still brings a Medium Likelihood of Low Impacts, which means that:
- some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely
- probably some bus and train services affected, with some journeys taking longer
- delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed... Read More »
Posted: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 16:02 by Rebecca
New X4 timetable (back to the old route) from 30th August. Stagecoach say they'll put notes on the presently used bus stops saying they will stop being used on August 30th - please spread the word.
Posted: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 09:42 by Rebecca
Notice of Vacancy following the resignation of Terry Stagg.
Posted: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 11:58 by Emma Baker
Saturday 15 August is the 75th Anniversary of VJ day & Oundle Branch of the Royal British Legion will lay a wreath at the war memorial at 11am.
Let us not forget the many brave men & women who served & sacrificed to reach the end of WW2
Posted: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 16:00 by Rebecca
We all know that the wide range of shops in Oundle is one of it's great benefits, and we need to treasure them to keep them, especially in tough times like these.
Local councils and the Oundle Business Association are doing all they can to help local shops, but can't do it without the support of the local community (OR you, the local shopper?) choosing to use local providers.
Here's 8 key reasons why... Read More »
Posted: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 15:55 by Rebecca