North Bridge Update
Summation of meeting on August 30th between local councils and NCC Highways –
- Traffic census to supplement 2015 data once schools return – results to be shared
- Expect restrictions to come into force December/January; planning for restrictions in hand. Safety the key.
- Availability of funding for full repairs remains uncertain - restrictions open ended. Repair cost estimate increased to c. £1-1.5m. Completing work will depend upon methods used; 17 - 50 weeks,
- Listed building status complicates process/cost, and Environment Agency/planning authority needs to approve. Planners take no account of inconvenience and will not flex process to accelerate remediation.
- Repair will be conducted from underside of bridge allowing it to remain open/in use whilst completed.
- Restriction will be two way traffic/20 mph/footpaths remain in use.
- Weight limit on South Bridge to be lifted.
- Emergency services briefed but no concerns raised at present.
- Liaison with Stagecoach re X4 routing.
- Current plan is diversion to Barnwell junction (installation of signal control) - awaiting traffic data. There was debate on the impact of this route/signals on other villages, e.g vehicles diverting off A605 through Barnwell to avoid signals or westbound traffic using the Warmington or Cotterstock exits.
- Alternative solutions to provide access to town centre without use of bridges were raised - Ashton/Herne Road. Not short term, but should be worked up given funding position uncertain.
- All parties contact list to be shared
Posted: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 14:39 by Emma Baker