Latest information from Oundle School on reopening plans
Oundle School has released their planning framework for school children returning to Oundle. It can be found on the home pages of both Oundle School and Laxton Junior School websites. At the end of next week Oundle School will also distribute a leaflet round all households in Oundle which will provide a summary of their approach, focusing on their responsibility to the town of Oundle and the residents.
Oundle School hopes to reassure you all that they are taking every precaution possible to re-open safely and with all of our communities in mind.
Key points include:
- Pupils are returning to Oundle School in a phased manner and all will have been tested before arrival.
- A detailed induction programme for all pupils and staff will cover Covid-safe procedures
- Numerous hand washing stations have been installed. One-way routes are in operation, with social distancing expected around the campus. Lessons and activities across the School will be operating with staggered start, finish and break times, whilst classrooms and staff rooms have been re-arranged to provide adequate distancing. Enhanced cleaning regimes are in operation.
- Pupil access to the town will be limited to only that which is strictly necessary and the School timetable will be adjusted to reduce movement around the town as much as possible. Shops will be out of bounds for pupils in the first half of term. Oundle School appreciates this will have an impact upon traders and they have not taken this decision lightly. Safety of all our communities must take priority.
- When moving between classrooms and all locations, whether on or off School premises, pupils and staff will be expected to wear masks.
- Pupils will not be returning to Houses at breaktimes. Pupil traffic in and out of Houses will therefore be mainly at breakfast and supper time, outside the times when the town is at its busiest
- Oundle School has strict contingency planning in case of any pupil or staff developing symptoms or testing positive
- Sports fixtures will not be taking place until further notice.
- No audiences, either public or School, will be permitted at any event including concerts, theatre performances and lectures.
- No large School gatherings will take place until further notice.
- A strict visitor protocol will be in operation, with essential visits only permitted. All such visitors will be required to observe the guidelines on social distancing, hand and respiratory hygiene measures as well as all other signage, floor markings and displayed instructions.
Read the Reopening Framework August 2020
Posted: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 12:28 by Rebecca