Local Government Bulletin
15 October 2020
Coronavirus update on areas in local Covid alert levels
The Secretary of State for Health and Social Care today (15 October) provided an Oral Statement to Parliament on the Government's local action strategy and areas of England that will move into local Covid alert level high from Saturday 17 October.
The Government has also updated the full list of local COVID alert levels by area.
Statement: Coronavirus update on areas in local COVID alert levels
Announcement: Local COVID 19 Alert Level Update 15 October 2020
Guidance: Full list of local COVID alert levels by area
Preparations for Remembrance Sunday
The Government has today (15 October) provided information for councils in England on how to ensure those hosting local Remembrance events can do so safely. Measures include keeping numbers to a minimum, focussing attendance on those wishing to lay wreaths and observing social distancing at all times.
The Government has also asked members of the public to mark this year's Remembrance Sunday service on Sunday 8 November at home rather than at the Cenotaph.
Guidance: Local authority preparations for Remembrance Sunday
Announcement: Public asked not to gather at the cenotaph for Remembrance Sunday due to Coronavirus
Working safely during coronavirus
Today (15 October), the Government has updated the guidance for working safely during coronavirus to include guidance for event organisers and local authorities on outdoor events.
NHS Test and Trace statistics (England): methodology
The Government has updated today (15 October) the guidance on how the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) puts together the contact-tracing data in its weekly reports to include details on the new methodology for people tested and people testing positive.
Weekly national flu and Covid-19 surveillance reports published
The Government has today (15 October) published the national influenza and coronavirus report, monitoring coronavirus activity, seasonal flu and other seasonal respiratory illnesses.
Local government updates
Christopher Pincher's speech to the District Councils' Network
Yesterday (14 October), the Minister for Housing, Rt. Hon Christopher Pincher MP, gave a speech to the District Councils' Network on the coronavirus emergency, building new homes and planning reform.
Where to find the latest information and guidance
- Guidance for local councils and LRFs during the coronavirus outbreak: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-local-government
- Latest information on coronavirus: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Coronavirus communication materials:
- FAQ from the Cabinet Office: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
- Local lockdowns guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/local-restrictions-areas-with-an-outbreak-of-coronavirus-covid-19
- Coronavirus cases: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
- Previous MHCLG Coronavirus Bulletins:
- Latest information on transition: https://www.gov.uk/transition
- Collection of guidance for local councils: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-government-brexit-preparedness
- To sign up to.GOV email updates: https://www.gov.uk/search/news-and-communications/email-signup?related_to_brexit
For information purposes, previous Local Government Bulletins are available to view and download. Please be aware that guidance is updated frequently. To view and download: https://bit.ly/2E4wKpp
Subscribe to Local Government Bulletins by emailing LGEngagement@communities.gov.uk
If you feel there is a gap in information that you want us to assist you with, or any other feedback please contact us at LGengagement@communities.gov.uk
Posted: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:38 by Rebecca