Climate Change Working Party
Further to our accepting a "climate emergency" in September, (see https://tinyurl.com/climateemergency24sept2021) we are setting up a Climate Change working party. The Working Party will suggest, facilitate and approve concepts and generate ideas to help OTC shift itself towards a carbon neutral stance, and help Oundle's whole community engage with the same, and hopes to work with Transition Oundle and our local schools amongst others.
We've already -
• started wildflower planting some of our open spaces;
• planned to plant trees as part of the 2022 Jubilee Queens Green Canopy;
• invited Woodland Trust to the Market on January 13th;
• encouraged NNC's on-street EV charging facilities;
• started working with NNC to improve Oundle's recycling rates including a pilot mixed recycling public bin scheme in Oundle;
• worked with the local Wildlife Trust on better management of Snipe Meadow, and hope to team up with the River Nene Regional Park teams;
• attended NNC's "Climate 21" online conference;
• started reaching out to NNC's Greenway team;
• kept communicating with Stagecoach on the X4 serving our needs better.
Posted: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 16:21 by Rebecca